Image source, Reuters ByJenny Kumah South West England correspondent Published 16 minutes ago The Prince of Wales has said his family "couldn't cope without" his wife and he felt "very proud" of Catherine for completing her first official international trip recently since her cancer diagnosis. "She's an amazing mum, an amazing wife, and literally our family couldn't cope without her," he told Heart Radio's breakfast show, broadcast from the Isles of Scilly. He said the princess returned "buzzing" from her trip to Italy, where she was promoting the importance of early years education. Prince William visited Scilly on Friday to officially open a new hospital facility and to view the construction site of 10 new sustainable homes being delivered by the Duchy of Cornwall. Image source, PA Media Image caption, William met staff and patients during his visit to the Isles of Scilly Hospital Catherine is "edging herself back" into doing more overseas visits following her cancer treatment, the prince said. However, he cautioned that royal trips take their toll, so the Royal Family have to "make sure she's OK and rested". "She's been through so much in the last couple of years, particularly. She'd been looking forward to the Italian trip a lot, and so I'm really glad it went really well," he added. The princess received an enthusiastic welcome from crowds in the Italian city of Reggio Emilia. The city was chosen as the destination for her trip because of its support for children's first years and its emphasis on early relationships and learning through play. "She wanted to go and do lots of research; she spends God knows how much time now looking through all the paperwork," William said. "She's a proper pro on early years, and so most evenings I'm fighting to get past in the bedroom… all the paperwork that she's got lined up ready to read," he added. In January of last year, Catherine said that she was in remission from cancer, which had been diagnosed in 2024. Image source, Reuters Image caption, Catherine was surrounded by crowds at Reggio Emilia during her Italian trip Speaking about the new hospital facility he was opening, Prince William told Heart: " A lot of the time people have to go to the mainland, and the cost for them - it's a nightmare." He added that he was "really looking forward to seeing how the hospital's expanded and having maternity services here now". The prince's trip follows the announcement earlier this week that the Duchy of Cornwall would be selling 20% of its assets to reinvest in housing and nature projects over the next decade. He viewed the construction site of 10 new sustainable homes being delivered by the Duchy of Cornwal, with the aim of tackling housing pressures and supporting the local workforce to remain on the island. They will be prioritised for people who have lived on the islands for more than five years or who currently work there. The prince has also viewed the construction site of 10 new sustainable homes being delivered by the Duchy of Cornwall with the aim of tackling housing pressures and supporting the local workforce to remain on the island. They will be prioritised for people who have lived on the islands for more than five years or who currently work there. Image source, PA Media Image caption, Prince William also met local nursery students and staff during his visit to the Isles of Scilly During his wide-ranging radio interview, William spoke of his childhood memories of the Isles of Scilly and joked about doing the school run, saying his youngest child - Prince Louis - will "leave jam fingerprints throughout the car, which is really helpful". Related topics Prince William, Prince of Wales Cornwall Catherine, Princess of Wales More on this story Italians praise Catherine as they turn out for final day of trip Published 14 May Outpouring of support for Kate after cancer news Published 23 March 2024

Full article body is being fetched in the background. Refresh in a moment to see the complete paragraphs. For now this page shows a summary and AI analysis.