China mine explosion: death toll leaps to 90 after gas blast
Xi Jinping urges authorities to ‘spare no effort’ in rescue efforts after blast at mine in northern Shanxi province The death toll from a gas explosion at a coalmine in northern China’s Shanxi province has risen to at least 90, state broadcaster CCTV reported on Saturday. The gas explosion happened Friday evening at the Liushenyu coalmine in Qinyuan county, while 247 workers were underground, state media agency Xinhua reported. Earlier reports said eight people had been killed, while more than 200 people had been brought safely to the surface. Continue reading...
Xi Jinping urges authorities to ‘spare no effort’ in rescue efforts after blast at mine in northern Shanxi province The death toll from a gas explosion at a coalmine in northern China’s Shanxi province has risen to at least 90, state broadcaster CCTV reported on Saturday. The gas explosion happened Friday evening at the Liushenyu coalmine in Qinyuan county, while 247 workers were underground, state media agency Xinhua reported. Earlier reports said eight people had been killed, while more than 200 people had been brought safely to the surface. Continue reading...
Full article body is being fetched in the background. Refresh in a moment to see the complete paragraphs. For now this page shows a summary and AI analysis.